Trash to treasure

When I collected a pair of Aged-Care-facility lounge chairs, resplendent in cornflower blue vinyl with an inch of dust and complimentary spiderwebs, my plan was to make them easier on the eye. But the finished vision is even better than I imagined! Here's the first of the two...
 And the BEFORE and after transformation below! Here's what I did:

I removed all of the vinyl to reveal intact foam and inner frame, I cut down the backrest to improve the proportions. Then I upholstered it in my T&J original "Fanpod" fabric in Black and Champagne, with vintage wash. Lastly, I replaced the aircraft-carrier armrests with something a little more streamlined, semi-glossed black timber.
My blisters are totally worth it!
Stay tuned for the second of the pair in Chevron stripe.
Both will available for sale at Canberra's Handmade Market on October 1st, unless snapped up first!

Comments

  1. That's awesome, thank you Raine and Sage, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nut I am - 'poor lovie', I thought, 'those gorgeous yellow shoes have given her blisters' :)

    Gorgeous chairs and so good to have re-discovered your postings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I love it! Yeah, not shoe blisters! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment