The Bentwood rocking chair

Salvaged, re-upholstered, styled, photographed and finally, SOLD all within 24 hours!
It was originally wearing a revolting polyester corporate green fabric (weird!!) - see the before pic below. Now freshly upholstered with my Fanpods fabric in Peacock. Beautiful.
 It is a style made famous by designer, Thonet - the first appeared in 1860. I do not believe this is an authentic Thonet, however it is likely to have been produced in the late 60s - and is no less spectacular. And grateful for it's rescue!
Above: before and after

 
LOVE IT indeed!

Comments

  1. I have a rocker like this, except it's brown velvety fabric. I'd love to recover it but I've never been quite able t figure out how to get the pads off. Did you have a trick? Find an easy way or just pop it off?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment